Saturday, February 25, 2006

Tuesday - Saturday

Tuesday:
The last day, I think, to work at 0730! Not so bad!
Wednesday:
A day off today! I go to Bardonecchia to watch the Snowboard Mens Giant Parallel Slalom Finals. It is fun. It ends, with the gold and silver going to the 2 Swiss guys, who are brothers. On the way back, we enjoy a snowball fight across the river. Uber TP!
Then, I go to Sestriere Colle to watch the Womens Alpine Skiing Slalom Finals. There is soo much fog, that we cant see anything, except the large screens! On the way out, I have my picture taken with Neve and Gliz, the Torino 2006 Mascots.
Thursday:
I sleep till late and go to Palazzetto to check out the venue. Its not bad. After that, Gwen and I go to Pinerolo Palaghiaccio to watch the Curling Womens Finals. It turns out to be better than expected. I used to think that Curling was kinda boring, but in the stadium, its a lot more fun. The Swedes beat the Swiss after extra time.
Friday:
Back to work in the morning. In the evening, we head to the city to go to the Medals Plaza. This is the place where the medals are presented to the winners. This is followed by performances by Italian and/or International artists. We reach the city and head to the MTC to pick up our tickets. After that, we go to McDonalds for a quick bite.
Finally, we head over to the Medals Plaza. The concert has just started and we see people with tickets are not being allowed in, due to security reasons. However, we have good seats, as we are part of the Olympic Family, so we are allowed in. The concert is by an Italian guy called Max Pezzali. He's not bad, something like the Bryan Adams of Italy.
Saturday:
Sleep till late as I have to go to work at 1600 :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home